Select to view content in your preferred language

QuickCapture - How to tell which user submitted a captured feature?

01-07-2024 09:04 AM
JasonSmolinski
New Contributor III

I made a quick (ahem) little QuickCapture for students to use over their Christmas break.  I see their submissions, but cannot tell who submitted which feature.  (No, I didn't set up a field for this as I assumed each feature would somehow be tagged with which user it came from).  Am I missing something obvious to see who submitted what?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

@JasonSmolinski 

If your students are using their own unique ArcGIS credentials to submit data, check the Creator field in your layer. This field is automatically added and populated by ArcGIS when you enable Editor Tracking in your layer.

If your students are either all using the same ArcGIS credentials to submit data, or your students are not using ArcGIS Credentials at all, it is t4oo late for you to know who summitted what. If this is the case, keep in mind the following for the next round:

• You must have a field to store information about the student submitting data before they start collecting data.
  • You can populate the field either:
    • Using Editor Tracking
    • Using the 'username' device variable
    • Using a project user input you create for students to enter their name when the project opens

Links with more info:

JasonSmolinski
New Contributor III

Thank you.  Each student has their own credentials in our Org.

I noticed Tracking was not enabled, so I just enabled it.  However, it now shows my username as both the Creator and Editor for all captured features.  

Will it not show the actual editor's credentials?

0 Kudos