Select to view content in your preferred language

Publishing Failed, Error Message: Consolidation Failed

Monday
NickAddison
New Contributor III

Brand new file gdb with feature datasets, feature classes, tables, relationship classes, attachments, and domains. No other server or folder connections exist. When trying to publish as web layer (feature layer type, no folder location, and internal sharing), the process fails, saying, "External sharing process failed."

The log details:

• Environmental Health Mapper Status: InProgress StatusMessage: Successfully wrote sharing info file
  • Environmental Health Mapper Status: InProgress StatusMessage: Loading manifest
  • Environmental Health Mapper Status: InProgress StatusMessage: Creating thumbnail from map
  • Environmental Health Mapper Status: Pending StatusMessage: Sharing process started
  • Environmental Health Mapper Status: InProgress StatusMessage: Sharing process started
  • Environmental Health Mapper Status: InProgress StatusMessage: Loading manifest
  • Environmental Health Mapper Status: InProgress StatusMessage: Reading thumbnail from file
  • Environmental Health Mapper Status: InProgress StatusMessage: Publishing process started
  • Environmental Health Mapper Status: InProgress StatusMessage: Consolidating data and staging web layer
  • Environmental_Health_Mapper Status: InProgress StatusMessage: Using ArcGIS Version 13.2 for staging (Source for version: GP Staging Parameters)
  • Environmental_Health_Mapper Status: InProgress StatusMessage: Stage Tool initialized
  • Environmental_Health_Mapper Status: InProgress StatusMessage: Preparing maps and layers for processing
  • Environmental_Health_Mapper Status: InProgress StatusMessage: Consolidate data
  • Environmental_Health_Mapper Status: InProgress StatusMessage: Staging feature service
  • Environmental_Health_Mapper Status: Failed ErrorMessage: Consolidation failed

For some reason I keep getting the Consolidation Failed error message. 

The only "unique" thing I can think about this setup that I haven't done before is that it has nested relationship classes, but I don't see how that would impact it. 

Couldn't find much on this error, any thoughts?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NickAddison
New Contributor III

Status Update:

• Was able to published an unrelated map, so the issue lies with this Map/gdb.
  • Removed fields from Feature Dataset and recreated them as a standalone Feature Classes.
  • Deleted both Relationship Classes

Remaining Ideas; scraping the barrel at this point though . . . :

• Delete unused domains.
  • Delete the 49 contingent values. 
  • Don't adjust time for daylight savings.
  • Change time from 'Computer time zone' to 'UTC'
0 Kudos
NickAddison
New Contributor III

Status Update:

• Was able to published an unrelated map, so the issue lies with this Map/gdb.
  • Removed fields from Feature Dataset and recreated them as a standalone Feature Classes.
  • Deleted both Relationship Classes.
  • Deleted unused domains.
  • Deleted the 49 contingent values. 
  • Didn't adjust time for daylight savings.
  • Changed time from 'Computer time zone' to 'UTC'.
  • Corrected layer that was in a different spatial reference.
  • Tried setting Map to different spatial references.

Convoluted Success:

• Added some dummy data to one of the layers (all layers were new and had no data). Publishing was successful, although it only published a third of the Web Layer Summary, and I have no idea where the thumbnail came from (minor gripes). Now I get to go back and re-add everything from above that I deleted . . . I surely thought we could publish empty Maps . . .

Note for myself: Feature Datasets are not supported in AGOL as of now. 

0 Kudos