Select to view content in your preferred language

Public Maps Gallery template 1.3.1--Opening Post

09-28-2011 10:55 AM
Esriwebmap
New Contributor III

Please reply to this opening post to submit questions and comments about the Public Maps Gallery template version 1.3.1.

Note: The comments on the template through Sep 28, 2011 have been copied to this thread so that you can view all the questions and answers in one location.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
160 Replies
Esriwebmap
New Contributor III
Greetings.
I am using a very stripped down of this template here:
http://www.peoriacounty.org/GIS/

You can see that there is a slight formatting error in-between my "IL Legislature" and "Peoria Tweets" applications. I have looked all over this forum and haven't been able to figure out why those thumbnails are different.  I am using Grid_8 to get the 2x4 layout  but i just can't figure out this misalignment.

Any assistance is appreciated.

If you change line 26 to "perRow : 2," on "/scripts/home/local.js" it should fix that display error.

It's currently added a class "endRow" to every third item which is removing the padding. If you change it to 2, it should only add it to the 2nd item on each column. Or you can remove the endRow class from global.css. That's another option.

Hope that helps.
0 Kudos
Esriwebmap
New Contributor III
Can I use this template yet?

Hi Patrick,

I've attached the template.

It will likely have small changes as it is still going through some testing but you're welcome to use it. Let me know if you have any issues.
0 Kudos
xandermavrides
New Contributor III
Is there away to have my map services (or web maps or web mapping applications) listed under the "Layers" bar?  It seems only that only type=Layer (my content) is visible here.  Per arcgis.com help, I should be able to save a rest service as a "Layer".
0 Kudos
Esriwebmap
New Contributor III
Is there away to have my map services (or web maps or web mapping applications) listed under the "Layers" bar?  It seems only that only type=Layer (my content) is visible here.  Per arcgis.com help, I should be able to save a rest service as a "Layer".

Yes, if you look in "/scripts/home/local.js" you will see where it says "type: 'layer',". If you remove the word layer from that, it should show everything in the group.
0 Kudos
xandermavrides
New Contributor III
Yes, if you look in "/scripts/home/local.js" you will see where it says "type: 'layer',". If you remove the word layer from that, it should show everything in the group.

Great, thanks. Do you know all the options?

searchType: 'layer'
searchType: 'application'
searchType : 'web map'
0 Kudos
Esriwebmap
New Contributor III
Great, thanks. Do you know all the options?

searchType: 'layer'
searchType: 'application'
searchType : 'web map'

Yeah, there are a lot so i've attached them in a PDF. It's the first column on the left I believe.
0 Kudos
xandermavrides
New Contributor III
Yeah, there are a lot so i've attached them in a PDF. It's the first column on the left I believe.

fantastic...last question (for now).

The featuredlayers currently open via arcgis.com while featuredmaps open as embedded in my root URL. 

I want to highlight all my flex apps in the featured maps section and have the featured layers list open my maps the same way if they were in my featuredmaps section.

my dev site
0 Kudos
Esriwebmap
New Contributor III
fantastic...last question (for now).

The featuredlayers currently open via arcgis.com while featuredmaps open as embedded in my root URL. 

I want to highlight all my flex apps in the featured maps section and have the featured layers list open my maps the same way if they were in my featuredmaps section.

my dev site

I think I understand.

If you replace lines 142 and 143 on "/scripts/home/local.js" which has this code

// BUILD LIST ITEM
   html += '<li><a title="' + data.results.snippet + '" href="'+obj.arcgispath+'home/item.html?id=' + data.results.id + '">' + data.results.title + '</span></a></li>';

with this:

if(data.results.url){
    // BUILD LIST ITEM
    html += '<li><a target="_blank" title="' + data.results.snippet + '" href="'+ data.results.url + '">' + data.results.title + '</span></a></li>';
   }
   else{
    // BUILD LIST ITEM
    html += '<li><a target="_blank" title="' + data.results.snippet + '" href="'+obj.arcgispath+'home/item.html?id=' + data.results.id + '">' + data.results.title + '</span></a></li>';
   }

that will open the layers list with the application URL in a new window like you're doing with the featured maps. Some of them are just items and don't have a URL I see so they will just open in ArcGIS.com. You may be able to change that.
0 Kudos
xandermavrides
New Contributor III
I think I understand.

If you replace lines 142 and 143 on "/scripts/home/local.js" which has this code

// BUILD LIST ITEM
   html += '<li><a title="' + data.results.snippet + '" href="'+obj.arcgispath+'home/item.html?id=' + data.results.id + '">' + data.results.title + '</span></a></li>';

with this:

if(data.results.url){
    // BUILD LIST ITEM
    html += '<li><a target="_blank" title="' + data.results.snippet + '" href="'+ data.results.url + '">' + data.results.title + '</span></a></li>';
   }
   else{
    // BUILD LIST ITEM
    html += '<li><a target="_blank" title="' + data.results.snippet + '" href="'+obj.arcgispath+'home/item.html?id=' + data.results.id + '">' + data.results.title + '</span></a></li>';
   }

that will open the layers list with the application URL in a new window like you're doing with the featured maps. Some of them are just items and don't have a URL I see so they will just open in ArcGIS.com. You may be able to change that.

no  luck. If you look at the Cleveland wards as an example it appears in both places but still opens via arcgis in the featuredlayers list.
0 Kudos
JamesCucinelli
Occasional Contributor II
Is there a way to sort the list of maps?
Is there a way to filter the list?

Thanks,
cucinellij
0 Kudos