Problem with Firefox 7.0.1

10-05-2011 08:53 AM
GeoffKlise
New Contributor III
I seem to be having problems opening ArcGIS online with Firefox 7.0.1. All I get is a blank page. Also, ArcGIS Explorer Online doesn't open completely as well.  When I try and open these with IE8, I have no problems.  Just recently, Firefox forced a new download for 7.0.1 and I had no problems opening my maps last week.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
I am using Firefox 7.0.1 and don't see these issues. There may be a problem with how Firefox is configured to access the internet. You might also try clearing your browser cache.  Are you having any problems accessing other websites? Perhaps you can try the old standby and reboot your computer...

Mike
0 Kudos
GeoffKlise
New Contributor III
I'm not sure how to reconfigure it.  Clearing the cache didn't help. I am assuming because I am behind a corporate firewall, what I can't see in IE8 would be the same as what I can't see behind Firefox 7.0.1.  That being said, I opened a URL (public) that I created or ArcGIS Explorer online in IE8 and in Firefox 7.0.1 and it's fine in IE8, but asks for a password in Firefox 7.0.1.  The strange part is that I am logged in with my ESRI account in Firefox, but not in IE8.  Also, I still get a blank page when going to the main ArcGIS online page.  I have the most recent version of Silverlight installed, so I'm not sure what's really going on.
0 Kudos