Select to view content in your preferred language

Printing Limited Usage Layers With Our Own Print Service

Jump to solution
01-22-2016 01:51 PM
DavidBuehler
Occasional Contributor III

I am using AGO and web app builder developer 1.3 edition to create what will be an internal application.  I am using the "Limited Usage" for each layer as the services are secured, but the application is going behind our firewall.  I still need to print.  When I use the "Limited Usage" layers and try to print via our own print service it throws an error.  When I check the arcgis server logs I get a 403 error. Printing works if I remove the "Limited Usage".  It would be great to do that, but the services need to be used only in that application if they are going to be public.  Suggestions? Thoughts?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sorry I missed and never answered back in June...busy summer.  I haven't been working on this for a while so I don't have much to add beyond what I had before, but just fyi, my local AGS services are still at 10.2.2, and the web sites I have used the print proxy for are all locally hosted JS sites, not WAB (online or developer).  I have a custom print task (GP services) that is also involved. 

I'm still using the old proxy for print services, but have switched over to the newer version for accessing my secure services.

Not much help to you, but wanted to know I haven't run into the bug yet, but good to know in case I do.

0 Kudos
GertConradie
Occasional Contributor

I received a hotfix from ESRI and it resolved my print with limited access issue. Its a server side fix and did not require any client side/WAB code changes.

The hotfix will be part of ArcGIS 10.5 which should be avialable somewhere in September.