Select to view content in your preferred language

Print Widget and Custom Text Elements

03-22-2017 09:17 AM
CaseyRagain
Emerging Contributor

I am trying to create custom print templates for a Web Appbuilder web application in ArcGIS Online which enables a User to add more text to a layout than just the title and author.  I have added elements to the mxd and named them and tried to call them using CustomTextElements, but do not know how to make the text box for the user to enter the text into appear within the print widget. I am using the Web Appbuilder in ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS for Desktop 10.2.2 and ArcGIS for Server 10.2.2.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank You.

-Casey

11 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

HTTP/HTTPS shouldn't really matter.  If you were to capture the request from the application using Fiddler, grab the webmap_as_json parameter and then use that JSON for the same parameter back in ArcMap.  If it doesn't do anything with  your custom elements, then it won't do it as a service.  That may give you a good starting point for troubleshooting as well.

0 Kudos
MartinWong1
Occasional Contributor

I described my solution to this problem at the bottom of this thread: https://community.esri.com/thread/177897   Essentially, publishing the print service with the Execution Mode set to Asynchronous was prohibiting the Get Layout Templates Info task from returning the layout's metadata.  After I changed it to Synchronous and republished the service it finally worked.

0 Kudos