Print Widget and Custom Text Elements

03-22-2017 09:17 AM
CaseyRagain
New Contributor II

I am trying to create custom print templates for a Web Appbuilder web application in ArcGIS Online which enables a User to add more text to a layout than just the title and author.  I have added elements to the mxd and named them and tried to call them using CustomTextElements, but do not know how to make the text box for the user to enter the text into appear within the print widget. I am using the Web Appbuilder in ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS for Desktop 10.2.2 and ArcGIS for Server 10.2.2.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank You.

-Casey

11 Replies
MichaelMiller2
Occasional Contributor III

Check out this thread Web Printing with templates

0 Kudos
CaseyRagain
New Contributor II

Thank you for the link, Mike. I was able to successfully publish the ExportWebMap tool and the GetLayoutTemplate Info task in the 10.2.2 desktop/server environment. 

However, I'm having a problem with my ArcGIS Online web appbuilder print widget displaying the custom text elements of the GP service I published. I think I might be having a problem with the workflow I'm using of adding the GP service from my REST services directory to the widget.

Could you please provide some insight on how to add my GPS service to my ArcGIS Online web appbuilder print widget?

Thank you!

-Casey

0 Kudos
JordanBaumgardner

I had this issue with the JS 3.x sdk's. There was an issue with it not moving newly created features from a feature class up to the print service. I had to copy the features to a graphics layer first, then print.

transferRedlineToGraphicsLayer: function() {

require(["esri/layers/GraphicsLayer"],
function(GraphicsLayer) {
   me.mapPrintGraphicsLayer = new GraphicsLayer();
   wapp.app.map.mainmap.addLayer(me.mapPrintGraphicsLayer);

$(wapp.app.mapLayerModule.redLineLayers).each(function(idx) {
      var curLayer = wapp.app.mapLayerModule.redLineLayers[idx];
      $(curLayer.graphics).each(function(gidx) {
         var curGraphic = curLayer.graphics[gidx];
         me.mapPrintGraphicsLayer.add(curGraphic);
      }); // for each graphic
      curLayer.visible = false;
   }); // for each layer
}); // Require

},

0 Kudos
MichaelMiller2
0 Kudos
CaseyRagain
New Contributor II

Does the Publishing additional services for printing work for ArcGIS Online and the ArcGIS 10.2.2 desktop and server environment?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
MichaelMiller2

Good question. I guess in my mind this is a web solution and intended for web apps and AGOL.

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

You should just be able to copy the URL of the service, (including the task name), and paste it into the URL parameter for the print task.  Are you seeing problems when doing so?

0 Kudos
CaseyRagain
New Contributor II

Hi Jonathan,

This is the 10.2.2 GP service URL I'm using:

http://SERVERNAME.odot.state.or.us:6080/arcgis/rest/services/custom_print/custom_print/GPServer/Expo...

It seems to work fine. It will call and print the custom map(s) I have created, it just won't show the custom text elements of my map document layout templates.

Could it be that is not a secure service (HTTPS)? This URL is going into the ArcGIS Online print widget, not the Portal for ArcGIS print widget.

Also, does Option 1 in this blog work for the ArcGIS desktop/server 10.2.2 environment?

Thanks.

0 Kudos