Select to view content in your preferred language

Pop-ups not working in Map Viewer

04-20-2023 09:18 AM
Triflight
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have a web map created in ArcGIS Online where the pop-ups for one of the layers does not work. When clicked on, instead of the pop-up popping up nothing happens. The other layers on the map have their pop-ups working correctly.

The problem layer in question has pop-ups turned on and they are custom configured to display a select number of fields & it uses an Arcade expression for the title.

When using the map in the Field Maps mobile app and selecting a feature from this layer, the custom configured pop-up works and can be viewed. When viewing the map in Map Viewer Classic, the custom configured pop-up works and can be viewed. When viewing the map in Experience Builder using the map widget, the issue persists and the pop-ups do not work.

I am truly unsure why Map Viewer refuses to display pop-ups for this single layer, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

60 Replies
PhilippeVDV
Occasional Contributor

Did you manage to solve this? I'm running into the same issue. In the popup preview everything works well, but when clicking on a feature on the map nothing happens. I saw this behavior after the February 2023 update of ArcGIS Online. Exactly the same popup worked fine before in the new map viewer. 

Phil

RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

If you can share a map I can help take a look but no repro maps + layers have been shared so I cant really say what the issue is.

0 Kudos
PhilippeVDV
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Hereby a link to a publicly shared web map: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/mapviewer/index.html?webmap=a849e0983ed6453abf616c5f85a94f5b 

The layer that gives problems = Habitats

Although the popup is visible in the preview, nothing happens when clicking on a feature.

Popup- preview:

PhilippeVDV_0-1686247658249.png

I can only make the pop-up visible when I add an extra attribute to the popup that is now hidden. It concerns the field 'Hab'. No idea whether it is related but this 'Hab' field is the field on which the symbology is based + it's also the display field. Choosing another display field does not solve the issue. As said, the same web map opens fine in the old map viewer and opened fine in the new map viewer before the February 2023 update. Thanks in advance for investigating!

PS: If needed I can share the map package for the MXD from which we published the service. Service is hosted on ArcGIS Enterprise and was added to the web map in ArcGIS Online

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I can see the issue the HAB field is being used to style the layer but its excluded from the popup field list.  I tested this out in a dev build for the upcoming release with  the map you provided and it looks like the issue is resolved. 

0 Kudos
PhilippeVDV
Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot! When is the upcoming release for ArcGIS Online planned?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

planned to roll out in the next week or two.

0 Kudos
Rolley
by
New Contributor

Hi mate, I have been bamboozled by this exact issue for a couple of months too. However I just found the amusing fix.  For the particular layer that pop-ups no longer work on - did you enable the Legend?  I enabled the legend on a layer which had popups some months ago, at the same time that the popups stopped working for that layer. I only now just thought I would take the legend off for that layer, and suddenly the popups started working again.  Fixed lol.

0 Kudos
PhilippeVDV
Occasional Contributor

@Rolley , for me the issue was fixed after the June 2023 update of ArcGIS Online. Legend is enabled on the layer that had this issue

0 Kudos
Rolley
by
New Contributor

Oh well that's great the update fixed it for you 🙂 Strange about the legend fix at my end 🙂

0 Kudos
JerrySneary
Regular Contributor

I am now having this issue. I just created the layer yesterday. The default popup doesn't work neither does a custom. I've turned on and off the legend option, and I created a new map nothing has fixed this issue.

0 Kudos