Point dataset - Time Animation dataset is blinking

Jump to solution
07-22-2021 09:57 AM
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

Animation.gif

The whole dataset blinks when the time interval changes. How can I fix this?

I have a point dataset that I've set up for time animation. I have the time interval set at two weeks (range of time is 8 months). And the symbol in the map is set on Unique Values for a field with more or less two different values (either 1 vaccine dose or two).

In Pro I have the following settings for the Time. The END_DATE field has null values. I did this to keep the points from visually resetting after each 2 week interval. The animation works fine in Pro.

time.png

However, it blinks in AGOL. I have time animation setting set as such:

agol.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you try viewing this in a 4.x app like Media Map? The time playback performance has improved with 4.x apps like New Map Viewer and others.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you try viewing this in a 4.x app like Media Map? The time playback performance has improved with 4.x apps like New Map Viewer and others.

JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

@RussRobertsThanks for the idea. I tried creating a Media Map app, but for some reason it won't finish. I'll move on to the New Map Viewer and see if that helps.

JaredPilbeam2_0-1626983480894.png

**Update

I created the same map with the New Map Viewer and tried creating a Media Map through there. Same thing, it doesn't fully finish creating the app?

0 Kudos
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

There's something wrong. I can't configure any new app. They don't finish getting created. But, it still ends up in my Content. If I select Configure it's a blank page. If I select View Application I get of view of Seattle for some reason (I'm in Illinois).

JaredPilbeam2_0-1626985661816.png

0 Kudos
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

It must be something with Firefox? I switched to Chrome and now I can create 4.x apps!

RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I'll take a look at the FF issue.

JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

@RussRobertsIt's working in FF now. FYI.

0 Kudos
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

@RussRobertsNow we're back to it not working in FF.

0 Kudos