Select to view content in your preferred language

PNG upload issue

08-15-2023 09:02 PM
amrutwell
New Contributor

Please bear with me I’m learning arcGIS on the fly and not familiar with it at all. I’m trying to create a site map for a property. The satellite imagery is too dark for the site so attempting to upload a PNG snip from Google maps as a media layer https://mobdro.bio/ . I’m able to upload when not logged into the account. However, when logged in I keep receiving an error message that the file type is not supported. Is there a reason for/way to fix this? Thank you

3 Replies
GaryMorris2
Regular Contributor

Can you post a screenshot?

0 Kudos
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @amrutwell, That does sound like a problem, since .PNG is a supported file type for media layers. I wonder if you could share the .PNG file here as an attachment? 

Does this happen regardless of whether you drag and drop the file, or browse to the file on your computer? 

0 Kudos
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @amrutwell, are you using an account that is part of an organization? If so, saving the media layer to the map should work. 

However, if not, then this is due to a bug that prevents users with a public user account from saving a media layer to a map. We are planning to address it with a future update to ArcGIS Online, so keep an eye out for this functionality in the future.

Thanks!

0 Kudos