Pie Chart Operations Dashboard

Jump to solution
11-08-2018 01:46 PM
Miguel-Fernandez
Occasional Contributor

Hello all,

I am working on creating my first dashboard in AGOL and I'm wanting to filter my data to create three slices. I have a field called avg_daily_boardings associated with our system's bus stops and I'm hoping to use three filters:

avg_daily_boardings   equal   0

avg_daily_boardings   between   0.01 and 4.99

avg_daily_boardings   greater than or equal to   5

The end result I want is three slices that show how many bus stops are in each category. Is this possible?

Miguel Fernandez
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel-Fernandez
Occasional Contributor

I ended up making a new field called Shelter Requirements because that's what I was trying to show with those values. I used a When() statement to calculate the values for the new field and it gave me what I wanted. Thanks for all the help!

Miguel Fernandez

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Miguel,

You should be able to do this. It's a simple filter that you would create for each of those categories within Ops Dash. Have you tried it yet?

Here is an article on how to filter your data

Filter data—Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

tagging:

Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS

Miguel-Fernandez
Occasional Contributor

I think I might have to do what Katherine suggested. When I try to use a filter for a range of values, I get a slice for each value, see attached image. 

Miguel Fernandez
0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hmmm...my first thought would be to create a new field in the feature layer and use the field calculator to do something like assign a value of 1 if avg_daily_boardings = 0, a value of 2 if avg_daily_boardings   between   0.01 and 4.99, etc. Then create the pie chart based on this new field and change the labels under the "Slices" tab when configuring the dashboard to make the pie chart look like how you want the end users to see it.

I'm new to Ops Dashboard as well, so maybe someone else has a more efficient approach?

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hmm, after looking at it more, it doesn't seem to be as easy as just filtering the data. I think I would be against a new data field just for the sake of showing the same data. I wonder if you could make a custom expression in ArcGIS Arcade and then just display that arcade expression field. That might work better since you wouldn't have to create a new field:

Use Arcade Expressions to Map Your Ideas 

0 Kudos
Miguel-Fernandez
Occasional Contributor

Okay, I'll have to give that a try in the morning. Thanks for your help.

Miguel Fernandez
0 Kudos
Miguel-Fernandez
Occasional Contributor

I ended up making a new field called Shelter Requirements because that's what I was trying to show with those values. I used a When() statement to calculate the values for the new field and it gave me what I wanted. Thanks for all the help!

Miguel Fernandez
0 Kudos