Opening Map Viewer Corrupting Data?

03-02-2020 11:55 AM
Chris_Anderson
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

This week, I've run into an issue where I've created a feature service through Survey123 Connect, both from scratch and from an uploaded Geodatabase. Everything runs smooth, I can create the survey, fill-it out, then upload the points. As soon as I open the service in Map Viewer, I get a warning triangle/exclamation point and a text box with "The layer <layer name> did not draw completely". When I go to my survey123 home page (survey123.arcgis.com) and look at the data table, I get a "An error occurred while loading the page. Some features may not work." error. I have built this same survey 5 or 6 times and I get the same error. This last time, I built it completely from scratch, not using an existing Excel spreadsheet. I published it, checked the table in AGO, checked the table in Survey123 home page, and everything worked. I open the feature service in Map Viewer to set up the legend based upon the domain in the feature service, I get the orange triangle. I open the table in Survey123 home page, I get the "An error occurred..." banner at the top. This making the feature service unusable. I have tried clearing out my browser cache. I have tried looking at the data on a different PC. I tried building the survey on a different machine. All give me the same error. To make things even worse, I can see the data in Map Viewer Beta, configure the pop-up, change the legend, save as a new file. But when I try to make a Web Application from the map, the data are not there. I run into the same problem.

Has anyone else run into this?  I can make surveys, web maps, and web apps from feature views without any issues.

Any help you an provide is greatly appreciated.

Chris Anderson

Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission

1 Reply
GIS_Fox
Occasional Contributor III

3 years on since original post, our org is seeing similar if not the same behavior. ESRI has told us previously on similar instances that the data corrupts and may need to be built from scratch. With too many newer versions since this post, (presently looking for a related 2023 error of similar kind and presentation), it may be hard to pinpoint cause and solution if patches or version changes have resolved the original issue. The current version of both S123 and AGOL appear to have similar or legacy/same issue still. 

Hope this helps @Chris_Anderson , an ESRI ticket may be best since this did not get much attention at original posting. Best regards,

Jansen Lyons - Records and GIS Section - Public Works - City of Rio Rancho, NM
0 Kudos