Web App Batch Attribute Editor Widget Does Not Work

Jump to solution
07-29-2022 10:37 AM
KWilliams
New Contributor III

Hello - I am creating a Web App for use for our field operations team to run QAQC checks. I'd love to provide them a way to mass edit a selection. Long story short, we need to attach codes to groupings of data points post data collection. I found the Batch Attribute Editor widget but cannot get it to work. Searching the community board, sounds like that's been an ongoing issue for a while. Has anyone managed to get it working? Or does anyone have any suggestions that would allow the field operations team to mass edit their data through the Web App? They are not AGOL savvy, and they are all working with Field Worker licenses. I have the Admin license. 

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @KWilliams , yes I believe for your case Select by Polygon should work best. It allows you to draw a more precise area for selection.

AlixVezina_0-1659365207795.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I have been able to get it working properly on my WebApps, but I have only really worked with it in the browser, not any of the Field apps. I have it set up with the regular Edit widget also in my app. How is yours set up?

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @KWilliams ,

The Batch Attribute Editor widget is only available in Web AppBuilder. You can use that same app on a mobile device if needed.

Regarding the post you are referring to: Batch Attribute Editor Not Working - Esri Community - we have not found the source of the issue for that case, but it was specific to their data and overwriting the hosted feature layer resolved the issue.

Please would you be able to described the issues you are observing on your end with some screenshots?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
KWilliams
New Contributor III

@AlixVezina 

Thank you for taking the time to look at my post, it's much appreciated. 

I am using ArcGIS Web AppBuilder. The intent is for the managers to use this web app on their desktop to QC that day's work (as opposed to mobile). I have the web app all linked up to my web map where the data is stored. I go to Widgets, select Batch Attribute Editor. I Select 'Select by Area', Polyline. Under 'Define Layer(s) to Update', I select my Points layer. Under 'Define Field(s) to Update, I select the field they'll need to be updating regularly. I hit 'okay'.  I hit save on my Web App, hit launch and begin testing to make sure it works as expected. 

Testing: I zoom into my area I'd like to update, click and open widget. Select Polyline. Draw polyline, double click to finish. Nothing selects. While gathering screenshots for this post, it actually managed to select 3 records, which it has never done before. There's going to be several hundred if not 1,000 points. I've tried selecting one at a time, groups of 5, the whole area and it will not make the selection. 

Let me know if there's any other screenshots needed or any other information!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Why are you only allowing selection by Polyline? Can you allow for selection by Extent, Polygon, or Freehand Polygon? It's much easier to make a selection with those tools. I just ran a test on my Batch Editing tool with the Polyline selection tool and it wouldn't select all the points that I tried to draw the line over. The level of precision required to select a point by Polyline may be just too high

0 Kudos
KWilliams
New Contributor III

Polyline is just as simple as polygon in my opinion. Extent would cause issues due to the way the data is laid out. On Friday during my testing none of the selection features were working at all. This morning I did try polygon and that appears to have worked just now. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @KWilliams , yes I believe for your case Select by Polygon should work best. It allows you to draw a more precise area for selection.

AlixVezina_0-1659365207795.png

0 Kudos
BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @AlixVezina 

I am trying to use this tool, or another widget, to batch edit point geometry -- specifically, I need my user to be able to go to 0,0 "null island" and drag points taken in Survey123 (where the user did not enable location settings) and drag them back to California. It only seems possible to do this 1 feature at a time with existing web tools, are we stuck?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

The Batch Attribute Editor widget only supports batch editing attributes, not geometries. Right now it seems the only client that supports your workflow is ArcGIS Pro.