One Arcade Expression Will Not Show in Map Viewer or Web App

Jump to solution
01-04-2022 02:28 PM
AshleyPalmer2
New Contributor

I am having an issue with just one of several arcade expressions that I'm using in a pop up.  In ArcGIS Pro I have created a map where a user can search an address, and the map will zoom to the address with a pop up containing information for their county officials.  Everything works great in ArcGIS Pro.  All expressions are valid, and the correct information populates where it should.

AshleyPalmer2_2-1641335211074.png

However, when I export the map from Pro to AGOL and view in Map Viewer Classic, the expression for the county commissioner populates nothing in the pop up.

AshleyPalmer2_1-1641334686253.png

I have validated the expression in Map Viewer.  It tests just fine, but it will not populate in the pop up.  Of course, since the expression won't work in Map Viewer, it's not working in the public facing web app. 

I created a whole new web map to use.  I have not overwritten the web layer at all.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions for things I should check or any next steps?  Any help is much appreciated!

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is the COUNTY COMMISSIONER field populated correctly in the Web Map Attribute table?

Could you configure popup and rewrite the expression for the layer in the web map?

Think Location

View solution in original post

AshleyPalmer2
New Contributor

Thank you for the suggestion!  I decided to go check the expressions and the formatting this morning with fresh eyes, and found that I had not formatted the opening bracket of the expression text "{" the same as the rest of the expression text - bold blue font/text - in the Configure Attribute Display in Map Viewer.  Once I fixed that, the expression worked perfectly.

AshleyPalmer2_0-1641401130464.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is the COUNTY COMMISSIONER field populated correctly in the Web Map Attribute table?

Could you configure popup and rewrite the expression for the layer in the web map?

Think Location
AshleyPalmer2
New Contributor

Thank you for the suggestion!  I decided to go check the expressions and the formatting this morning with fresh eyes, and found that I had not formatted the opening bracket of the expression text "{" the same as the rest of the expression text - bold blue font/text - in the Configure Attribute Display in Map Viewer.  Once I fixed that, the expression worked perfectly.

AshleyPalmer2_0-1641401130464.png