Offline Map Areas - More Than 16?

Jump to solution
01-22-2019 08:44 PM
Tolo__AdamTolo
Occasional Contributor

So loving the ability to be able to configure offline areas for users.

I noticed this is limited to 16 map areas.

Is it possible to do more somehow without creating extra duplicate maps with the ability to offline more areas?

I do see that being able to create a polygon to limit the boundaries of the offlined area as shapes other than rectangle and squares, is in the works which is great.

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

16 map areas per web map is the current limit for now, we are planning on increasing this but currently do not have a release date for it. Polygon boundaries are also something we are working on for a future release.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

16 map areas per web map is the current limit for now, we are planning on increasing this but currently do not have a release date for it. Polygon boundaries are also something we are working on for a future release.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Tolo__AdamTolo
Occasional Contributor

Thank you. Exciting stuff!

0 Kudos
JennyMehren
New Contributor

I am freshly back from the ESRI Federal Conference where we were told (in multiple sessions including the Plenary) that polygon boundaries are now available. YAY!  These take up less memory and are loaded in less time that a strict rectangle.  However, that 16 map area limit...

I just completed an ESRI online course where the instructor introduced the class to these polygon boundaries as well as the ability to create seemingly limitless map areas in AGOL.  I pointed him to the documentation on the limit of 16.  It is a disappointment for an otherwise helpful feature.

For a federal survey program collecting data across the US, 16 map areas is entirely insufficient.  I would love to hear any workarounds or enhancements offered.