Select to view content in your preferred language

No zoom scale option on search widget?

Jump to solution
05-18-2017 08:06 AM
ScottTreaster
New Contributor II

I am setting up the webapp search widget to search 4 different hosted feature services, all points.  On three of the features services, there is a 'zoom scale' option.  On the fourth feature service (address points), the 'zoom scale' option does not appear.  Any suggestions?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottTreaster
New Contributor II

I actually just figured it out a few minutes ago!  My address points were actually 'multipoints' instead of 'points'.  I received them from the County and had no idea.  I have been working my way backwards comparing the various datasets and finally discovered that difference.  I ran 'features to points' on the original dataset, republished the address points using the newly created feature class and it worked!

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

What are the geometry types for the feature layers you are adding to the search widget? Are they all points or do you also have polygons and lines?

0 Kudos
ScottTreaster
New Contributor II

They are all points.  Storm, water, sanitary points and address points.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I set up a search widget with 4 points layers and they all had the zoom scale option. I did notice that polygons and lines do not get the zoom scale option but after further investigation that was expected behavior.

Are all four of your point layers in the same projection? 

Does it always happen when adding the fourth feature layer regardless of what order you add the layer in? Or is it specific to one layer?

We may need to get a support case created to investigate why the zoom scale parameter does not show for your fourth layer.

ScottTreaster
New Contributor II

All four point layers are in the same projection.  The problem is specific to my address point layer.  I tried adding the layer to a new webmap all by itself, created a new webapp, and when configuring the search widget, I still had no scale option.  

In the search widget configuration window, under 'Maximum Results' for my 3 working layers, I have the options of 'Zoome Scale' and 'Exact Match'.  For my troublesome address points, I have the options of  'Exact Match' and 'Only search in current map extent'.

I have also tried republishing the address point layer, from a shapefile and from a geodatabase with no luck.

0 Kudos
ScottTreaster
New Contributor II

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you share a zipped FGDB of the address point layer? I would like to take a look at the data. I can direct message you my email.

0 Kudos
ScottTreaster
New Contributor II

I actually just figured it out a few minutes ago!  My address points were actually 'multipoints' instead of 'points'.  I received them from the County and had no idea.  I have been working my way backwards comparing the various datasets and finally discovered that difference.  I ran 'features to points' on the original dataset, republished the address points using the newly created feature class and it worked!

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That was the first thing I was going to check! Glad to hear it is working now.

0 Kudos