New Map Viewer classic

Jump to solution
03-14-2022 02:13 AM
DorothyMinayo
Esri Contributor

Hi members,

A client has created web application and shared it publicly. The web map used to power the web application was created using New map Viewer Classic. When the link is shared publicly, it prompts the user to sign in.(All feature layers are public). When the same web map is created through New Map Viewer and shared publicly, it does not prompt for log ins.

Any help will be appreciated

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BryndaHatch
Esri Contributor

I did a test to see if I could reproduce.  I created a web map using the New Map Viewer and added a public layer from the Living Atlas.  Then I created an instant app from that web map.  I repeated the steps using the Map Viewer Classic.

I know the layers were shared publicly because I found them on Living Atlas.  If the web map and the web app are both shared publicly (regardless of the map viewer), then there is no prompt to sign in.

If the web map is only shared to the org, and the web app is shared publicly, there will be a prompt to sign in.  

Please go back and make sure both the web map and the web app are shared publicly.  Curious to see if you get the same result.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
cbp-geus
Occasional Contributor II

We get the same issue with our Story Maps using the new map viewer where the user are prompted to login to their ArcGIS account.

Christian Brogaard Pedersen
0 Kudos
BryndaHatch
Esri Contributor

I did a test to see if I could reproduce.  I created a web map using the New Map Viewer and added a public layer from the Living Atlas.  Then I created an instant app from that web map.  I repeated the steps using the Map Viewer Classic.

I know the layers were shared publicly because I found them on Living Atlas.  If the web map and the web app are both shared publicly (regardless of the map viewer), then there is no prompt to sign in.

If the web map is only shared to the org, and the web app is shared publicly, there will be a prompt to sign in.  

Please go back and make sure both the web map and the web app are shared publicly.  Curious to see if you get the same result.

0 Kudos