My bookmark list does not scroll

Jump to solution
09-12-2017 08:17 AM
GeneH_Chesco
New Contributor III

My bookmark list here: https://chesco.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapTools/index.html?appid=873f036ecb6d418c9cf80eaa022c48b7 does not scroll, so I can't see the entire list of 73 municipalities. I thought I would be able to fix it like I did for this one's bookmark list (called Zoom to Municipality) http://www.chescoplanning.org/adc/farmfinder/ using the overflow:auto CSS but that does not fix it.

Anyone have any ideas? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

We'll get this fixed for the next release but in the meantime you can use the "custom css" option when you configure the Map Tools app to overwrite the app css. To do this just paste the following into the custom css box and save the app configuration. 

#bookmark_container {
  max-height: 60%;
  overflow: auto;
}

View solution in original post

3 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Just tried with Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer and none offers the list to be scrolled. Although I can reorganize the items in the list, I cannot access those that are not visible. If I change my zoom level to 33% I can access all of them, but that is not very user-friendly. 

The best way to solve this (IMHO) would be not to use bookmarks, but to use the municipality layer (polygons) to configure a custom search and let the user search for the municipality which will trigger the zoom to polygon. 

Configure feature search—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

We'll get this fixed for the next release but in the meantime you can use the "custom css" option when you configure the Map Tools app to overwrite the app css. To do this just paste the following into the custom css box and save the app configuration. 

#bookmark_container {
  max-height: 60%;
  overflow: auto;
}
GeneH_Chesco
New Contributor III

Thank you. That worked. I was applying the overflow:auto to the wrong div. 

0 Kudos