Map viewer vs Classic Map Viewer speed

11-29-2022 02:10 AM
Labels (3)
ThomasIllingworth
New Contributor III

Good Morning 

We have found when testing the same rest endpoint map server in the new map viewer that we find it is rendering slower than when  compared to when putting the same endpoint in classic map viewer. The layer always does render in the new map viewer eventually. We have tried multiple different endpoints on our server and found the same each time

They are coming from a 10.6.1 servers standalone we are planning to upgrade them in the early new year could be related to the servers being an older version.

I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced an issue similar to this?

Thanks

Tom

3 Replies
NicoLuusAU
New Contributor II

Yes I certainly have. 

Is there any explanation for this behavior? What can we do to improve the Map Viewer.
I'm seeing performance that is much much poorer in the Map Viewer than in Map Viewer Classic using exactly the same set of layers.

0 Kudos
nnolasco
New Contributor II

I see the same thing, one layer in particular is our feed that comes in from waze, it is MINUTES while classic draws instantly.  The biggest problem is dashboards by default use the new viewer and therefor we are getting poor performance in that as well.

0 Kudos
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Definitely notice the same thing as well, especially with moderately sized to larger datasets. No explanation from ESRI yet? 

0 Kudos