Select to view content in your preferred language

map viewer classic layer visibility

07-29-2022 08:38 AM
SarahHartholt
Frequent Contributor

Is it possible to group layers in map viewer classic and toggle both layers visibility on/off at the same time? I created a web app with some property information. My zoning layer contains hatched fill polygons with coloured backgrounds which I recently found out  does not translate over to ArcGIS Online when shared as a webservice (Hatched fills and how to sneak them into ArcGIS Online (esri.com)). To get around this issue, I am hosting 2 zoning layers in my Web App, one with the hatched fill and one with a solid white colour fill to mimic the symbology that I want to appear in the map. I only display the layer with the hatched fills in the legend (I don't want the zoning layer to appear twice in the legend and the user doesn't need to see the white colour fill in the legend). Now my problem is that when the user turns off my hatched zoning layer, the coloured background layer does not turn off. 

Unfortunately I do not have access to Adobe Illustrator to create my own picture fill symbols as suggested by John in his blogpost which is why I am using the method above.

SarahHartholt_1-1659108873816.png

SarahHartholt_2-1659108888174.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Hatched fills are supported in new Map Viewer & Experience Builder.

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

If you happen to have ArcGIS Server, you can load as a mapservice.  This will honor the grouping as well as the hatch.

R_

0 Kudos