Select to view content in your preferred language

Map Tools Does Not Have Search Tool

Jump to solution
04-05-2023 06:23 AM
RobinHolland
Occasional Contributor

I am using the new ArcGIS Online Map Viewer but my Map Tools does not offer a Search option. The other three options are visible. Why is my Search tool missing? I am trying to search a map service layer for a particular value. Seems like this is a basic function, but I cannot find a way to do it. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In the latest update, it looks like Search got moved out of the Map Tools and into the map itself.

jcarlson_0-1680701687743.png

Look in the lower-right. Do you see it?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In the latest update, it looks like Search got moved out of the Map Tools and into the map itself.

jcarlson_0-1680701687743.png

Look in the lower-right. Do you see it?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
RobinHolland
Occasional Contributor

Yes, thank you. There must have been some weird glitch the first time I used it after the update. Once I closed out my edge browser and restarted it, all of the tools at the bottom right corner of the map appeared. Not sure why they were not there before, but just glad they did show up. Thanks again. 

0 Kudos
PaulLohr
Frequent Contributor

The "search tool" returns only the first result from a layer. Why not have it function like any other search tool, where all results are presented?

This problem also existed in Map Viewer Classic.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Outside of your organization's locators, search behavior in the map has to be configured in the map's settings page. You can specify how it should handle searching of feature layers.

By default, it should show up to 6 results from the layer if it matches the searched term, though this can be changed in other apps outside of the map viewer.

jcarlson_0-1686689127097.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos