Map Service Popup Configuration

03-20-2019 06:27 AM
DanSenner
Occasional Contributor

Good Morning, it seems I am no longer able to configure popups on layers within a map service in ArcGIS online webmaps?  I was just doing this yesterday and it no longer seems to be working.  It still allows me to remove and enable the popup, just not configure it.  Let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks

Dan

0 Kudos
9 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Dan,

Can you share the web map? If not, I'd suggest getting in contact with tech support.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
DanSenner
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kelly, unfortunately the map displays utility information that I am unable to share.  After looking a little further I believe the issue is with the webmap.  If I bring the same service into a blank webmap it allows me to configure the popup. With that I am just going to rebuild the webmap.  Thanks for following up though.

Dan 

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Thanks Dan,

It would still be great to take a look at the map. Are you able to privately share the map with my username Karate_KElly? 

Thanks for confirming the work around

Kelly

0 Kudos
DanSenner
Occasional Contributor

Hey Kelly, I would be happy to however we have active directory authentication set up with our services.  Is there any way for you to see the data with this being the case?

Thanks

Dan

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Hi Dan,

Is the data hosted in ArcGIS Online or on a local ArcGIS Server? If the data is hosted in ArcGIS Online and the usernames are, you can still share with my username through group sharing.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
DanSenner
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kelly, the data is hosted on a local ArcGIS Server.

Dan

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Okay. Thanks Dan,

If it continues to be an issue please reach out to support.

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Dan,

Are you seeing any errors in the browser console? Can you reproduce if you create a new web map that uses the same layers?

-Josh

0 Kudos
LindaSlattery1
New Contributor II

I am also having this problem, which started last Friday. When we created our services, we checked the box under mapping capabilities that says "Allow per request modification of layer order and symbology". We did this so that our users can change symbology in their web maps and remove layers from the web service that they do not need in their map. When I first load the map service into our AGOL map, it works fine and I can configure the popup. As soon as I either change the symbology (even just the color) or remove on of the feature services, I can no longer configure the popup.  Our ArcGIS server is 10.2.2. Also, I can reproduce this error from a blank map as well as an existing map, and it happens with every map service I tried. As a side note, we have access to a Portal that is 10.6.1, and I tried the same process and got no errors. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Linda

Here is a screen shot of the error I get from the console as soon as I make the change.

0 Kudos