Map Error In New Chrome Update (128.0.6613.85)

Jump to solution
08-22-2024 08:16 AM
Labels (2)
AaronBrake
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm a user of an application that uses ArcGIS, and with the new Chrome Update I'm seeing errors when I make a selection to view on the map.

The error I'm seeing is:

Uncaught TypeError: Failed to execute 'uniform4fv' on 'WebGLRenderingContext': The provided float value is non-finite.
at g.setUniform4fv (webgl.js:16:204)

It occurs about 50 times every time I try to make a new selection. The map now doesn't zoom in/pan to my selection anymore, but will just move a small amount while still making the selection.

Is there anything I can do to update, or is this a known issue?

Thanks in advance!

27 Replies
masivFizzy
Emerging Contributor

I have done all of this and I am still  getting this error.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

So in the experience at my org, upgrading the javascript app to too high of a version created new issues after resolving the original issue seen at v4.18 (Maybe due to complexity of web app).  I started at v4.26 with many new errors , then downgraded to v4.23 with less errors and finally to v4.21 that fixed the original issue yet did not create new errors in the web app.

0 Kudos
MattNicol
Regular Contributor

Thanks for pointing this out - I updated my original answer to cover this.

0 Kudos
Pawanraj
New Contributor

Hi,

How to update version to 4.30 using npm command?

0 Kudos
JonathanWilding
Emerging Contributor

I was able to get my 4.13 app working again by downgrading to 4.11 after I noticed this same issue today.

0 Kudos
maurenrivera
New Contributor

Jonathan, my app is using 4.11, but this issue papers. Do you know why? What's your Chrome's version?

0 Kudos
maurenrivera
New Contributor

Jonathan, my app is using 4.11, but this issue papers. Do you know why? What's your Chrome's version?

0 Kudos
JonathanWilding
Emerging Contributor

i have chrome: "Version 128.0.6613.85 (Official Build) (32-bit)", I just toggled back to 4.13 and the issue came back, then flopped back to 4.11 and it went away again.. I have spent most of the morning today updating and cleaning up a few of my applications to 4.30 but the rollback to 4.11 was a bit of a dirty quick fix and I don't advise it.

0 Kudos
JonathanWilding
Emerging Contributor

As an update, i found that the error" Failed to execute 'uniform4fv' on 'WebGLRenderingContext':" came up in a different spot in my test application so the roll back to 4.11 did not completely fix the issue it just moved it to a different spot.

0 Kudos
DrewDowling
Frequent Contributor

I just encountered this error on 3 apps running 4.14. 2 of them I upgraded to 4.20 and they are working now.

1 of them is using IdentifyTask class which is removed at 4.20. I downgraded to 4.11 as a quick and dirty fix and now this app is also working, at least so far. @JonathanWilding I'll update this thread if my users encounter the bug on the 4.11 app.

0 Kudos