01-26-2022 05:12 AM
Labels (2)
Y_Chau
by
Occasional Contributor

Hello

Anyone tried to set editing permissions in a feature service from here:

AGOL1.JPG

I unchecked a layer in this feature service but I can still edit it in Field Maps. What is the purpose of this filter?

Sincerely

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hello,

If you are working with a hosted feature service, you can turn off editing capabilities by unchecking the "Enable Editing" option, which is the first and topmost check box in your screenshot.

To answer your question, the "Manage geometry update" dialog is to fine-tuned geometry editing of certain layers in the same feature service i.e. you may want editors to be able to move a point layer, but not the polygon layer.

Best regards,
Kanin 

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution" to help others who have the same question.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hello,

If you are working with a hosted feature service, you can turn off editing capabilities by unchecking the "Enable Editing" option, which is the first and topmost check box in your screenshot.

To answer your question, the "Manage geometry update" dialog is to fine-tuned geometry editing of certain layers in the same feature service i.e. you may want editors to be able to move a point layer, but not the polygon layer.

Best regards,
Kanin 

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution" to help others who have the same question.