Looking for current metrics for AGOL content and users

Jump to solution
08-26-2019 11:24 AM
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

I'm working on a story map - Top 10 Reasons to Get Started with ArcGIS Online, and i"m looking for metrics on numbers of users and amount of content.  One of my reasons is "Access to Existing Content".  

A blog from a couple of years ago cited 1.4 million users across organizational accounts, and 17 million of web maps, apps, feature layers, etc. combined.  It was already the single largest repository of geographic information, but I want my metrics to be current.  

Given the pace this platform has been growing, I know these numbers have to have changed a lot, even in just a couple of years.  Any a number of organizational accounts would be good to have too, if that is available.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Tracy, 

Here are some high level metrics about ArcGIS Online and content that is available to the ArcGIS Online community. There are currently more than 1.9 Million users and 26 Million items. There are over 3 million Items that are shared to everyone. The Living Atlas also has a great library of curated content with over 8000 items. There are over 21,000 items (including Living Atlas items) that have been labelled as authoritative by verified organizations.

Please share your blog when it's completed, I'm looking forward to seeing your top 10.

-Kelly

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KellyGerrow

Hi Tracy, 

Here are some high level metrics about ArcGIS Online and content that is available to the ArcGIS Online community. There are currently more than 1.9 Million users and 26 Million items. There are over 3 million Items that are shared to everyone. The Living Atlas also has a great library of curated content with over 8000 items. There are over 21,000 items (including Living Atlas items) that have been labelled as authoritative by verified organizations.

Please share your blog when it's completed, I'm looking forward to seeing your top 10.

-Kelly

TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

I just thought of another metric - how many story maps?  That's on my list too.   

0 Kudos
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

Also Kelly, could you clarify the distinction between Living Atlas content that you're calling curated, versus content that has been labelled as authoritative?  Is the curated content created by ESRI, and authoritative coming from non-ESRI sources? 

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Hi Tracy,

Here is a blog that explains public authoritative content and living atlas content in more detail:

What's New with Public Authoritative Content in ArcGIS Online 

As a quick summary, the Living Atlas content is curated by Esri staff and can come from Esri or other sources. Content that is labelled authoritative publicly means that the organization who hosts the data has marked the content as authoritative. Esri verifies the organizations are who they say they are before providing the ability share authoritative content classifications publicly.

Some StoryMaps numbers,

Over 360,000 StoryMaps have been created in the past year. About 965,000 StoryMaps currently exist in ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos