List web maps and apps using feature layers

Jump to solution
08-10-2017 06:19 AM
RickWeisbond
New Contributor III

I would like to delete some hosted feature layers from our org but I'm not aware of any way to determine if they are used in any web maps or web apps.  Is there any way to generate a list of web maps and/or web apps containing certain layers?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MicahBabinski
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Rick,

Two (ok, three) options you may want to explore:

If you are into Python, I think the ArcGIS API for Python might allow this:

ArcGIS API for Python | ArcGIS for Developers

I think AGO-Tools from Esri github will get you there as well:

GitHub - Esri/ago-tools: A Python package to assist with administering ArcGIS Online Organizations. 

If not, I am pretty sure GeoJOBE (Esri platinum partner) Admin Tools for AGOL can help:

https://marketplace.arcgis.com/listing.html?id=c34019b0623041608df4d06970a7a96a 

Let me know what ends up working best since this is something I am interested in also.

Regards,

Micah Babinski

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MicahBabinski
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Rick,

Two (ok, three) options you may want to explore:

If you are into Python, I think the ArcGIS API for Python might allow this:

ArcGIS API for Python | ArcGIS for Developers

I think AGO-Tools from Esri github will get you there as well:

GitHub - Esri/ago-tools: A Python package to assist with administering ArcGIS Online Organizations. 

If not, I am pretty sure GeoJOBE (Esri platinum partner) Admin Tools for AGOL can help:

https://marketplace.arcgis.com/listing.html?id=c34019b0623041608df4d06970a7a96a 

Let me know what ends up working best since this is something I am interested in also.

Regards,

Micah Babinski

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I would suggest ArcGIS API for Python (like Micah mentioned). It seems that would be the best place to dig into this.

(and I need to seriously get learning this stuff because it's cool!)