Line break in table text

Jump to solution
03-03-2021 04:34 AM
Labels (1)
NeilWebber
New Contributor III

Hi

Is it possible to get a fixed line break in a table in AGOL? I can insert one in Arcmap table via python  or VB, but can't figure out how to achieve the same online.

Eg. I have some text:

Line 1

Line 2

As soon as I try to insert this into a table field in AGOL by whatever means (direct copy/paste, publish from excel as a hosted table etc), I seem to get

Line 1Line 2

The break gets removed. Is it possible to keep it, or am I just missing something obvious?

many thanks

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

without a re-read of the link, I think the conclusion was the latter

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It has been brought up before... have a read on the current limitations

Arcade labeling - NewLine and stacked labels - Esri Community

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
NeilWebber
New Contributor III

Hi Dan, thanks for replying, despite your semi-retirement.

I'd read around the stuff on labelling and .NewLine, but I think(?) my case is slightly different. I'm not looking to create a new block of text from an expression, I'm just looking to preserve the line breaks in a block of text that's already formatted in the source file (an excel sheet in this case) so that I can use that pre-existing field in a pop-up without it appearing as one big paragraph. The text for the relevant field is different in each row, so there's no consistent expression I could apply to insert breaks if I was in 4.x.

Or is your reply actually saying that the limitation on .NewLine in labels is indicative of an underlying universal rule that you can't have a line break in an AGOL table field in 3.x JSAPI?

Thanks again for replying

Neil

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

without a re-read of the link, I think the conclusion was the latter

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos