Let user send themselves a password reset email

06-30-2021 12:10 PM
Labels (1)
JotHall1
New Contributor III

Is there a way to allow an AGOL user send themselves a password reset email? In our organization we have several admins that all receive the password reset request from users by default and to save time and confusion between who will respond to request and not send multiple password reset emails, I was wondering if it is possible to just let the users handle? Not a big deal at all, there are other internal solutions, I was just curious if this is an option? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JacobLias1
Esri Contributor

It should be possible for users to create a new password by going through the "Forgot password" workflow outlined here -> https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/get-started/sign-in.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_9FCB7A57079543F0A137CD...

0 Kudos
JotHall1
New Contributor III

Thanks Jacob! the article clarifies things. It seems like what I am after doesn't exist. I should have been clearer with my question. I want a user that has forgotten their password and security question and or has never logged in, be able to request a password reset without admin help. Something like must other websites use. For example, I forget my password to my insurance company login and I'll click to link for a forgot password. It will then send an email to me with a link to reset password. No prompts for questions that the user never remembers and no admin. Just allow the user to reset their own forgotten password. At the end of the day it is not a big deal, I was just wondering if that options existed with AGOL.

0 Kudos
AlyssaHammond
New Contributor

Did you ever figure this out? Or does it really not exist?

0 Kudos