Layer Sharing icon not showing in Contents page

12-16-2021 06:57 AM
WardMitchell2
Occasional Contributor

The "CU_Buildings_adn_Links_121321" is shared with multiple maps, however it dose not show that in the contents page as seen with the "CU Buildings with Floor Plans and Bldg. Security Coordinator Links" layer. Also when I updated the maps with the ""CU_Buildings_adn_Links_121321" I did not receive the window that use to state update sharing permission's. All the updated dated maps all have the new layer in the map with now error indicated. Any thoughts as to why this is happening, it would be nice to be able to know what the layer is shared with. See attached image

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The sharing icons refer to groups, and whether the item is shared with your org and the public. There's no quick and easy way to see what maps a layer may be referenced in.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
WardMitchell2
Occasional Contributor

Thanks jcarlson, I understand that it indicates that it is shared with a group but it is not even indicating that it is shared with a group when it actually is, as indicated by the attachment.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Can you provide a screenshot of that top layer's overview page to confirm that it's actually shared to the groups?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
WardMitchell2
Occasional Contributor

Ahhhhh!!! apparently the coffee did not kick in when all the sharing is with the view layer not the hosted feature layer I was looking at . Duh on my side. I'm going to remove this post.

0 Kudos