Layer list widget - local scene (3d)

05-11-2020 01:06 AM
Geir-OveBrandal
New Contributor II

When adding a layer list widget in web app builder, using a local scene (3d) webmap, there is "No more configurations" in the widget. Why is that? I would like to group layers to different Layer lists.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Geir-Ove Brandal,

This should be correct. You can  add a Layer List (Lagliste) to a 3D Web Mapping Application, but there are no further configurable options. Once added, you can use it to turn layers on and off.

The actual configuration of the Web Scene with its Scene Layers should be done in the Designer in the Scene Viewer.

See screen captures below.

HTH,

Egge-Jan

0 Kudos
Geir-OveBrandal
New Contributor II

Yes, that is correct.

But I don't think it is possible to group individual layers to different Layer list widgets (buttons)? 

Example: I would like to have all buildings in Amsterdam and Den Haag displayed at one Layer List widget (button), and the other cities on a second Layer List widget. That is easy to configure in using 2d-maps, but I can not do that in 3d.

Example from 2d web map:

0 Kudos
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Geir-Ove Brandal,

Yes, you are right. Apparently the Layer List does not work the same way in a 3D environment...

Again, I would recommend you to have a look at the configuration options provided by the Designer in the Scene Viewer:

• In 3D Web Senes you have the concept of Slides, providing you buttons at the bottom of the screen to switch between different Scene Layers, e.g. Rotterdam and Eindhoven
  • And there is an option to Change group type (see screen capture below)

Once properly configured you can add your Scene to the Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS.

(By the way: here is the link to the 3D Cities - Nederland Web Scene :-))

What do you think?

Egge-Jan

0 Kudos