labels do not appear in map viewer beta

08-04-2020 07:24 AM
RonaldVanderpool
Occasional Contributor

Greetings!

When I open my maps in the classic map viewer my labels, set to appear at 1:5,000, all appear as designed. I open the same maps in the beta view and labels do not appear. Label settings in the beta are set the same as in classic and the labeling is toggled on.

What am I doing wrong?

I was hoping to begin migration of my workflows to beta but..................

Also, unrelated but related to beta;

How does the snapping work? Ctrl or shift do nothing.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
RonaldVanderpool
Occasional Contributor

Also, sorry for possible confusion, snapping does not work when attempting to move line-work to a revised point geometry.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
0 Kudos
RonaldVanderpool
Occasional Contributor

Lots of good information and I read through a great deal of them but found nothing specific to the labeling issue.

I also searched for the same issue in the GeoNet. Sometimes I get lucky and can find exactly what I need, sometimes not............

Guess that is why there is Esri support.

Thanks Peter.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ronald Vanderpool‌, the Map Viewer Beta product development team is active on this forum and actually supports the Beta through GeoNet. So I am hoping that someone will be able to take a look at the issue you raised here and help out. Thanks for again for posting and reading through the materials.

AlexRudowski
New Contributor III

I am also having this issue though I guess we're not calling it beta map viewer anymore.

0 Kudos
JasonCyphers
Occasional Contributor III

I was experiencing the same issue.  On a whim, I saved the map after creating labels, then refreshed the webpage, and the labels showed up. 

PeterMacKenzie2
Occasional Contributor II

this worked for me too!

0 Kudos