Select to view content in your preferred language

Labels are flashing/blinking in Map Viewer and Instant App

Jump to solution
03-06-2024 06:21 AM
MillionMap
Regular Contributor

Ever since the Feb 2024 update, my labels are flashing/blinking in Map Viewer and Instant App.  They weren't doing this before.  I've sent a link to a coworker who doesn't see the flash/blink.  I've tried several things but the labels continue to do this.  Newly published items since the update are doing this as well.    

59 Replies
WorcesterGTSS
Frequent Contributor

I am actively working with someone at Esri Tech Support on this. The case # is 03696659 and I have provided all of that information to her.

GeoffHodgson_FSA
Occasional Contributor

I am also working with a tech from ESRI Australia on this - our case # is 03696346 - I will let our tech know your case # so the findings can be coordinated.

MollyElmore1
Emerging Contributor

Hi, I have a ticket for this issue, I'm still experiencing it even though the ticket is closed. Case #03628207

0 Kudos
WorcesterGTSS
Frequent Contributor

We are still having the issue too - our case (#03696659) has been sent to the development team for review.

0 Kudos
KevinBodrogi
Emerging Contributor

My organization is experiencing the same issues on both experience builder and WAB applications. It seems to occur only when multiple layers have labeling toggled on. If only a single layer has labeling enabled the issue does not occur. My experience is the same as the video posted earlier in the thread. 

0 Kudos
MollyElmore1
Emerging Contributor

Same thing here. The issue is only occurring when two or more layers have labels turned on. Instant Apps, Web-App Builder, and Map Viewer. However, there is no glitch when I open with Map Viewer Classic.

0 Kudos
WorcesterGTSS
Frequent Contributor

We have been working with Esri Tech Support on this issue and heard back from them a few weeks ago that it will be fixed in the November AGOL update. 

RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Here is a test app you can check out and see if the labels flicker. You are comfortable with using your web map item id you can replace the item id used within the snippet.

https://codepen.io/noash/pen/Bagvwbq?editors=1000

MollyElmore1
Emerging Contributor

This works!

GuusKlaas1
New Contributor

Still have it on an ArcGIS Enterprise 11.3 build, fully patched, specs:

- MSI Creator 16 AI Studio
- Intel Core Ultra 9 185H
- 64GiB of RAM
- Intel Arc Graphics (31.0.101.5525) and nVidia GeForce RTX 4080 (560.94) both have this issue (tried swapping through mux switch, also pinning webbrowsers on either GPU)

Tested both in Firefox and Edge (129.0.2792.52)

0 Kudos