Juypter Notebook (via ArcPro) missing menu bar

11-20-2021 02:55 AM
Abdulqadoos
New Contributor

So when ESRI's ArcPro was updated a week+ ago, the menu bar in juypter notebook disappeared. Now I have a hard time resetting kernels and doing basic functions (not stopping me but extremely annoying). Screenshot below.

Any ideas on how I turn it back on. I can see a flash of the menu with the Juypter logo when I first open a notebook, but then all I get across the top is "Edit, View, Inset, Cell, Help" and I know the View button isn't showing all the options it normally does.

Yes, the instance of Juypter notebook is installed as part of ArcGIS Pro - since it added it anyway, I've just been using that.

Thanks in advance. Link

Kelly

Juypter Notebook version 5.7.10 ArcPro 2.9.0

23 Replies
EugenioArima
New Contributor III

This solution by MohandKETTOUCHE worked for me but I copied the two files (messages.css & messages.js)

from directory :

C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\share\jupyter\kernels\ArcGISPro\default

to different folders

For the original arcgispro-py3 environment, the destination path is

C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\site-packages\notebook\static\custom

For my cloned environment, the destination path is

C:\Users\YOUR_USERnAME\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\YOUR_CLONED_ENV\Lib\site-packages\notebook\static\custom

Many thanks,

AaronLaver
New Contributor II

@EugenioArima and @MohandKETTOUCHE  Thank you! I was able to fix it with MohandKETTOUCHE's method and EugenioArima's directory guidance.

Cheers.

LukeSavage
Occasional Contributor II

@EugenioArima and @MohandKETTOUCHE Method Fixed....sort of and thank you for posting.  We were told this will be fixed in Pro 2.9.2.  Crossing fingers.

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

2.9.2 was released yesterday. See https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-documents/arcgis-pro-2-9-patch-2-is-now-available/ta-p/1149... 

The explanation on the Support site can be found here: https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDE0NDkxMw==

"This patch fix applies to the arcgispro-py3 environment. To get the desired behavior, users need to update to ArcGIS Pro 2.9.2, and re-create the clone (getting the fixes from arcgispro-py3) or run “conda upgrade jupyter_contrib_nbextensions” in any affected custom environments."