Joining Two Tables with One Feature Into One Hosted Feature Layer View

07-13-2023 02:59 PM
GarrettRSmith
Occasional Contributor II

Hello

I have a feature layer (point) and two related forms (tables) that were created via Survey123.

I am using Map Viewer Classic and the Join Features analysis tool to try and join the two tables with the feature layer. I would like to keep the join dynamic because the surveys are currently in operation and therefore want to create a hosted feature layer view. This hosted feature layer view will be used in FieldMaps and will be updated within FieldMaps every week.

I can easily create a hosted feature layer view by joining the feature layer with one of the tables, but I cannot use this new hosted feature layer view to join the additional table to. I have tried to first join both of the forms and then join this with the feature layer, but again if the combined table is a hosted feature layer view, I cannot create a hosted feature layer view from this join. Is there a way, within ArcGIS Online, to join two forms to one feature layer with the result being a hosted feature layer view? Or, is there method that I should be looking into.

Thanks for any and all help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
TristenDenton4
New Contributor III

Currently trying to figure something like this out. This link may help, I still haven't found a solution for my issue yet. Bring your data closer together: Save analysis results from Join Features as Hosted Feature Layer Vi...

0 Kudos
GarrettRSmith

Hello @TristenDenton4 

I am able to create hosted feature layer view with one of the tables, I am trying to find a solution that will allow me to create a hosted feature layer view with two tables and one feature layer.

Thanks for the link though and let me know if you find a solution, if you are facing the same issue that I am.

0 Kudos
gargarcia
New Contributor III

I'm not positive, but I don't think it is possible to make a new join view from an already existing join views.

You could have two separate join views for each table then add them both to the map with a symbology that only shows up under certain conditions. Like if table 1 status is yes it shows up and table 2 symbology is invisible, then swap if table 2 status is yes.

Or if you are not trying to symbolize off of one of the tables you can use an arcade expression to pull attributes from an intersecting feature into the popup of another.

0 Kudos
DEI
by
Occasional Contributor

Any luck with this? I have a similar issue where I have 1 inspection point with 2 independent and dynamic tables. No problem going from point to 1 table but when I try to join the second table to that, the option to 'Create results as hosted feature layer view' is greyed out.

0 Kudos
GarrettRSmith

Hi.

I have not figured out how to do this.

0 Kudos
ChrisSchrader
New Contributor II

I, too, would like to be able to join more than 2 tables in a hosted feature layer view.

0 Kudos