Join + Keep All Target Features = Automatic Updating

06-20-2022 10:54 AM
GarrettRSmith
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I have a hosted feature layer (points) and three related tables that are currently being created (points) or added to (tables) by a host of field workers using Survey123.

Two of the three surveys will only relate to some of the points within the hosted feature layer, but this will change as the field season goes on. I am creating three new hosted feature layers that joins the points with each of the related tables. If I choose "Keep all target features" when I am performing the join in Map Viewer Classic I will have a host of features that do not have records. For example, there are currently 2,809 point locations that have been created and one of the survey tables is included in Survey123 for this initial data collection. However, for the other two surveys there are currently 70 and 203 related tables collected. Again, this will change as the season goes on, but I worry if I do not click on "Keep all target features" that when table 71 or 204 are collected that it will not carry the point with it to the new hosted feature layer. Is this correct, and if so, should I create a second hosted feature layer from the join layer to filter out those points that have records from the two surveys attached to them?

Thanks for any guidance.

0 Kudos
0 Replies