Select to view content in your preferred language

Join features (spatial, intersect) analysis is missing huge patches of intersecting land areas?

01-19-2023 09:35 AM
lfern
by
New Contributor II

On Arcgis online, I am trying to see overlap between two polygon layers using spatially join features (intersect). Why would a few large polygons from one layer that do intersect with my second layer be missing? This is an indication that others may be too... 

Also-- I tried to extract the data table for the layer with more polygons (~16k features) so I could compare the number with the output of the join, but the csv output only has 802 rows? 

What is going on here? Why are the AGOL analyses not working for me?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

When you run analysis in AGOL, there's a box checked by default to run the analysis only for the current visible extent. Can you confirm if this box is checked or not? If it was, try running it again without the box checked.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
lfern
by
New Contributor II

Yes- I made sure that it was not for the current visible extent (and the polygon output layer were from the entire map-gaps were interior)...

I tried using the Overlay tool- and the outcome was 56 features (when 16k were in the original layer). See pic: Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 9.59.08 AM.png

0 Kudos
SarahAmbrose
Esri Contributor

hi @lfern is this a feature layer you can share publicly? If so, we can try it out if you share the URL and parameters that you're using. If not, are you able to call support and they can help troubleshoot for you?

Sarah, Product Engineer, Web Analysis

0 Kudos
lfern
by
New Contributor II

Thanks Sarah- I don't think I can share the layer. I'll try calling support though and will post an answer if we figure it out. 

0 Kudos