Is there a way to view which maps in an organization that a layer is associated with?

01-02-2020 09:59 AM
PatFelser
New Contributor II

I would like to see where my companies layers are being used, or not being used in our web maps. Is there a way to view this in AGOL? or a way I could export this information? I am working on cleaning up my companies AGOL of unused and redundant layers.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Pat - there was a GeoNet thread about this referenced here.  Hopefully this helps you and your org!

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Pat,

There isn't a way to do this currently. If your layer is public, it could be used in a variety of different applications. There are some partner tools that can help you locate where layers are used in your organization which could be helpful. A way to identify layers that are being used is to look at the usage tab on the layer. This will show you how often and how recently requests to your layers have been made.

This is something we are looking to improve in the future. Please support this idea and share your what you are trying to accomplish in the comments.

Provide a warning about dependent items when deleting an ArcGIS Online feature service

0 Kudos