Is there a way to restrict geometry editing on particular layer in a feature view

08-30-2017 03:02 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all

Lets say that I have a hosted feature layer in AGOL that has two layers (A & B) contained within it. I then create a 'View' of that that feature layer.

I know that now I can go to the 'Settings' tab of that View, enable editing, and set it to 'Only update feature attributes' so that users of this view can't edit geometries.

But this then applies to both layers (A & B). Can anyone think of a way that I could disable geometry editing on layer A and enable it layer B? I know this could be set client side in a web application, but I want to lock it down server side.

I suspect the answer is no, and that I will have to separate these two layers out into their own hosted feature layers in order to control this.

Or, I would need to create two views with different editing settings. But in that case, probably easier to create separate layers.

cheers,

-Paul

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Paul,

The editing settings apply to the hosted feature service and all layers included in the feature service. If you want to manage the editing privileges separately for each layer, publish the layers as individual services and manage the views individually in order to have the flexibility that you seek.

-Kelly

0 Kudos