Is there a way to join a hosted feature set with a table without loosing the attachments in the hosted feature set?

02-21-2019 01:52 PM
KevinLambeth1
New Contributor III

I have a hosted feature set with photos attached that I am trying to join a field into.  When I perform a "Join Features" as a hosted feature layer view the field is added but the attached photo is lost.  Is there a way to keep the attached photo while performing the join in ArcGIS online?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
deleted-user-qpvAI3Fo0MKR
Occasional Contributor III

You might have more luck exporting your data to a .gdb and doing your ETL functions in ArcMap / Pro, and then re-uploading to AGO.

KevinLambeth1
New Contributor III

We are trying to set this up for a client so that new data is automatically joined when it comes in through Survey123. We could easily export this into Pro, but need to have this run in real time.

deleted-user-qpvAI3Fo0MKR
Occasional Contributor III

Ah, that's indeed an added layer of complexity. I don't have any other insight for you, but I will be following this thread.

Good luck!

Jose_FranciscoSánchez_Díaz1
New Contributor III

Hello Kevin,
Did you get this? I'm volunteering on a ONG and we are having problems with this issue. We are collecting data from arcgis survey 123  and we are not able to automatically show the data updated. Every time whe need to represent new data have to establish a new join on ArcGis online viewer and save results as a feature layer..
Thanks!

0 Kudos
KevinLambeth1
New Contributor III

Jose,

Unfortunately, we ended up moving away from related tables and just incorporating the data directly into the survey via modifications for the forms and webhook lookups that injected outside data.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.

0 Kudos
KhaledHassen
Esri Contributor

FYI, join view support attachments. This requires the PKEY/FKEY to be based on globalId.

We have released this in online 7.3 release (Sept. 2019). Pl. check it out and let us know if you still have any issues.

Khaled Hassen

Online Feature Service Dev. Lead

0 Kudos
KevinLambeth1
New Contributor III

While this would still be helpful, I found a workaround using an Arcade script in the popup configuration expression window to derive a link from the pre-joined feature set.

If anyone is interested here is a condensed snippet of the code (note I stripped out the serviceID since you will need your own):

var orig = FeatureSetById($map, /* Original */ "serviceID") //create feature set of pre-joined features
var filt = $feature.globalid //create the globalID filter key
var ary = Filter(orig, 'globalid = @filt') //filter the feature set to the globalID which should only give you an array of one
return first(ary).objectid //return the objectID from the original feature set to be used in generating a link.  Note the first allows use of the .objectID call otherwise the scrip produced an error

KhaledHassen
Esri Contributor

Unfortunately we do not support returning attachments for join layer view.

I have added an enhancement in online feature service to support returning attachment for joined layer.

This will be supported for inner join only. Initial support plan will be UC this year. Also we might put a restriction like the left table needs to be the one with attachment.

Will update once we have this is finalized including testing.

Khaled Hassen

Online feature service lead

GIS_AdministratorCity_of_GP
New Contributor II

Hi Khaled,

Has there been any update on this feature?  We are placing points that have attached documents within polygons and joining them by an attribute.  I am hoping that the new joined feature which is a polygon can have access to the points documents.

Thanks,

0 Kudos