Is it possible to change the Max Record Count on an AGOL hosted Feature service?

Jump to solution
10-15-2013 01:30 AM
MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor
Greetings AGOL fans,

NOTE: I'm playing the role of a user that has no access to other Esri software.

I'm adding a shapefile to My Content, using "Add Item". This will result in a Feature service.  After the service is created, when I check its properties, the Max Record Count is set to 2000.  Is it possible to increase this parameter?

Many thanks in advance.
Miguel
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

No need to adjust max record count. Client applications are smart enough to fetch data in spatial tiles and paginate as needed.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

No need to adjust max record count. Client applications are smart enough to fetch data in spatial tiles and paginate as needed.

ShelbyZemken1
New Contributor III

Hello Mike,

I have used this method before to update a feature service but now I can't access the update service ability. Can you confirm if your method is still working ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

This functionality appears to be no longer available? I AM an owner of the content I'm trying to increase the record count for. Has the functionality been removed? Not much use for AGOL if limited to just 1000 features. What organization has less than 1000 manholes, or telephone poles, in their jurisdiction? Creating a replica of the entire AOI...only returns 1000 features. Disappointing.

0 Kudos
MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor
That is brilliant Mike,

It does exactly what I needed.  More over, you have given me the knowledge that, in a similar way, there are other fine tuning things that can be done to hosted feature services, which I didn't think were possible.

I much appreciate your help.
Miguel
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Be careful here...you can also easily corrupt things...

Mike
0 Kudos
MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor
Mike, many thanks for the advice and the additional warning. Yes we will use the capability with care, and I will advice the same to anyone we inform of this "advanced" hidden capability.

By the way, you did mention "... this is something we do want to expose."  Do you have any idea when would access to this "exposure" would be made available?
Miguel
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
It's tied in to other enhancements related to managing hosted services...probably 6 months away, but don't quote me.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
NorihiroTONOSAKI
New Contributor II
Hi,

Is this capabilities described here still available?

I also want to change the max record count on an ArcGIS Online hosted feature service.
So, I followed steps above but could not find the word "update definition."

Anyone know?

Norihiro
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Do you own the service? Are you logged in? it's there for me on services I own.

THanks,

Mike
0 Kudos