Is anyone else having issues with AGOL hosted map layers lagging this morning?

Jump to solution
05-03-2019 06:29 AM
MatthewElbert1
Occasional Contributor

I was curious to see if anyone else was having issues with AGOL-hosted layers and a map this morning.  My utility layer map wasn't working on mobile/ipads starting a few minutes ago, and now the desktop version is being pretty slow.  I was curious if ESRI was doing some server maintenance or something.  Anyway, I'll do a .shp layer re-upload in the meantime to see if that fixes the issue.  (mobile/ipad app versions also seem to be current, so I don't know what else to do).

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks

-Matt

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthewElbert1
Occasional Contributor

Hello all,

I didn't get a chance to post on this thread before the weekend.  But after speaking with ESRI tech support, they were aware of the issue--and it appears as though it has been fixed.  Our hosted layers were all working smoothly on the desktop & mobile app versions, so everything is good. 

Thanks for commenting and replying with updates.

-Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Matt, 

Things have been acting slowly/strangely for us as well this morning. Survey123 is not allowing to submit surveys, and some web maps and dashboards aren't loading properly. 

There was an issue logged in the health dashboard yesterday, but I don't see anything for today. Perhaps this will be brought to their attention soon if it is a universal issue going on. https://status.arcgis.com/

Fingers crossed!!

EDIT: I submitted a case with Esri support to make them aware of this issue

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Currently there is a notification on ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard - see screen capture below.

Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Yeah, I noticed that shortly after I responded to this post. Seems like Esri is looking into it. Thanks!

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
MatthewElbert1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for posting guys, I actually just spoke with tech support as well and did a share screen so they could see what I'm looking at.  By all accounts, I think it's something on their end that they're working on fixing.  Let me know when things start operating more smoothly for you.

Thanks,

-Matt

0 Kudos
YoavRappaport
Occasional Contributor

From Esri support ticket: I was able to confirm that we are experiencing obstacles in hive 2 (services2.arcgis.com). We are aware of this issue, and are working to resolve it.

MatthewElbert1
Occasional Contributor

Any idea on a rough time frame for resolving an issue like this? 

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

We saw some strange behavior yesterday, May 2 as well.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

FYI, looks like the Hosted Feature Services issues are now resolved (as of the time of this post)

ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard 

Hope this helps,

MatthewElbert1
Occasional Contributor

Hello all,

I didn't get a chance to post on this thread before the weekend.  But after speaking with ESRI tech support, they were aware of the issue--and it appears as though it has been fixed.  Our hosted layers were all working smoothly on the desktop & mobile app versions, so everything is good. 

Thanks for commenting and replying with updates.

-Matt

0 Kudos