Intersect - false order attribute table!

Jump to solution
04-10-2020 06:41 AM
GerritKopmann
New Contributor II

Hi

I figured out that "Intersect" doesn't work that well!? I use the command to extract data of a 2D mesh for elivation data and the 2D runoff results (water surface level) with a line feature (terrain section). The command doesn't put the parts of the seperatet lines not in the rigth order at the attribute table (see picture).

Has someone a solution?

I like to export the data later with "Export Feature Attribute to ASCII" to create my own grafics.

Best Regards

Gerrit

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GerritKopmann
New Contributor II

Hello

I have found a solution to my problem.

Unfortunately, the command "Create Routes" requires a corner for the beginning of a route (Coordinae Priority), although it should be an optional subroutine. If you have several terrain cuts from different directions (e.g. corner up/left to down/right and vice versa) you have to take into account that the output values in the table will also be reversed.
Someone might have a solution that it always works no matter how the terrain cut is applied.

I hope the next one will have to think less than I did.

ArcGIS ModellBuilder solution

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GerritKopmann
New Contributor II

Addendum:

The Intersect command intersects 2D meshes and line features based on the ID of the 2D mesh! Small ID's are first intersected with the line!
There is probably no setting for Intersect to follow the course of the line feature? Is there a command to re-sort the line parts later?

0 Kudos
GerritKopmann
New Contributor II

Hello

I have found a solution to my problem.

Unfortunately, the command "Create Routes" requires a corner for the beginning of a route (Coordinae Priority), although it should be an optional subroutine. If you have several terrain cuts from different directions (e.g. corner up/left to down/right and vice versa) you have to take into account that the output values in the table will also be reversed.
Someone might have a solution that it always works no matter how the terrain cut is applied.

I hope the next one will have to think less than I did.

ArcGIS ModellBuilder solution

0 Kudos