Identify specific change from hosted feature layer webhook

12-06-2021 02:48 AM
Labels (2)
rachelm
New Contributor III

I am trying to use an Integromat webhook based on Feature Updates to identify the specific changes that occurred: attribute fields or geometry. I intended to add a filter to the webhook to only function on geometry changes. Is this possible?

I've watched the video Getting Started with Hosted Feature Layer Webhooks and have successfully obtained my results url. But it returns all the updated feature's data, and not exactly what was changed. 

Additionally, what is the functional difference between Feature Update and Feature Edit? (https://developers.arcgis.com/rest/services-reference/online/web-hooks-payloads-feature-service-.htm)

Tags (1)
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @rachelm so you are looking to obtain only the fields from the feature that have updated rather than the entire feature that was updated? For example if I update the status field that is the only one you would want back? 

Features edited includes adds and deletes as well as updates. 

Thanks,

-Peter 

0 Kudos
rachelm
New Contributor III

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yes, I'm only looking for the actual edited field(s). In this particular case for  geometry updates.

If nothing else I can try to store the ShapeArea field in a Data Store and then compare every time there is an update but that is very not ideal.

thanks!

Rachel 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @rachelm - in this case I believe you could use the returnHasGeometryUpdates argument in extractChanges. This will return a boolean in the extract changes response. So you cannot conditionally fire the webhook based on a geometry or attribute update, but you can filter any subsequent actions after the extract changes response is received based on if geometry was changed or not. 

ArmstKP
Occasional Contributor III

@Anonymous User I am a little confused.  Are you able to watch for edits in a specific field?  I only want to watch for changes people make to the "status" field, so I can fire off an email to let people know their status has changed on their submission.....

0 Kudos