Select to view content in your preferred language

hyperlink in attribute to send email

Jump to solution
03-03-2023 08:27 AM
temprobertcottreau131313
Occasional Contributor II

Is there a way for an attribute table to contain a hyperlink allowing the person opening a popup to click on that email address to send an email to that person?  This would be in a webapp.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Heh, well now I'm determined to solve this because it should be possible! I've circled all the areas to click to get to that interface in the screenshots below...

Katherine_Clark_0-1678207798060.png

Katherine_Clark_1-1678207829053.png

Katherine_Clark_2-1678207847940.png

Katherine_Clark_3-1678207876348.png

Katherine_Clark_4-1678207924041.png

After adding the HTML we've discussed above, the pop-up looks like this, with both the email link and the attributes showing.

Katherine_Clark_5-1678208175895.png

If you *still* aren't able to complete that workflow....I'm not sure. Confirming, are you the owner of the map that you are trying to edit the pop-ups for? What user type are you in AGOL?

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek

View solution in original post

22 Replies
temprobertcottreau131313

so I've managed to add an email address to a popup but it opens as its own popup not as a part of the feature popup.  I want the user to be able to edit a feature in the popup and then click on the email link to send an email

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Have you tried HTML formatting with a custom pop-up configuration? 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
temprobertcottreau131313

I have not, because this is outside my current skill set.  I've searched for a variety of solutions online but everything I've found seems to come up a bit short.

0 Kudos
temprobertcottreau131313

I tried adding this based on sample HTML code that I found but it still shows just the email link in the popup and excludes any information derived from the attribute fields.

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

In map viewer classic, you can customize the entire pop-up using HTML, so you can use an <a href> tag to create the email link.

Here's an example of what the pop-up could look like. Attributes will populate where the field name is in curly brackets.

Katherine_Clark_0-1678121912213.png

This is what the HTML looks like for that display.

Katherine_Clark_1-1678121936324.png

Does that work for what you need?

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

In the new map viewer, you click "Add Content" > "Text" under pop-up configurations to add custom HTML. If you don't want the default field list/pop-up format to display, delete the Field List section from the pop-up configuration menu.

Katherine_Clark_2-1678122459135.png

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
temprobertcottreau131313

Not really.  Doing it this way only shows the email address in the popup not the field in the attribute table for the feature. 

Is it possible to show the attribute field information in the popup with the email address at the bottom of the popup box?

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

I added on an additional response regarding doing this in the new map viewer. Is that the interface you're working in?

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
temprobertcottreau131313

yes, I'm using the new Map Viewer.

I feel like I tried what you suggest above and still only got it to show just the email option but will try again.

thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos