How to import csv file without GPS.

10-31-2021 05:15 PM
Labels (2)
JasonReimers
New Contributor

Hi. I am trying to import a csv file onto ArcGIS for mapping.

I already have a Shapefile of the Road Network for Western Australia and plotted as a hosted layer.

I want to import data on a csv file with Road Number, SLK_From & SLK_to. (SLK is the distance along the road) as there are no GPS Coordinates.

I have been able to achieve this when I had access to the Main Roads IMS program which was on an ArcGIS platform.

Can anyone give me some instruction as I am not an expert user.

I would appreciate any help on this.

2 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello @JasonReimers 

Just to clarify... you are trying to import a .csv file to ArcGIS Online?  Or ArcGIS Desktop?  And this is the update an already existing hosted layer in AGOL?  What version of Desktop or Pro are you using to accomplish this?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
JasonReimers
New Contributor

Hi ABishop,

I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.8.3 (Online).

I am a Novice User and only know the very basics of this process.

I have a trial at present and if I can show that I can map our Programmed Works over the Road Network and also our Completed Work, my employer will buy the program for ongoing use.

I receive the Program in an Excel Format and previously used a .csv file to plot the Programmed Works & Completed Works on the Road Network.

I am extremely keen to make this work as I can see that there is may benefits to the ArcGIS Platform which will greatly assist me in my work.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Jason

0 Kudos