How to hide "edited by" in pop up using Enterprise

Jump to solution
08-23-2023 07:13 AM
KimC221
New Contributor II

Hello, 

I am very frustrated by how  hard it is to hide the "Edited by" at the bottom of a pop up.  We have public web apps that require a feature service, but there is absolutely no need for this information to be shown.  We use Enterprise so cannot create views, and it seems like an utterly unnecessary step to make users do anyway.  How is it 7 years later, and this still isn't a simple uncheck?  I republished it as a second layer to our server (so now we have this data published multiple times) and hid the fields before publishing, but that didn't do anything.  

Please tell me I'm missing something here.  How can we hide this information using Enterprise NOT hosted feature layers?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MeganMerkley
New Contributor II

Hi all, 

At the bottom of the pop-up pane in Map Viewer (either portal or AGOL), there is now an "x" to remove that from the pop-ups. The picture attached shows it underlined in yellow. It does seem weird to have that be an automatic setting instead of an option to toggle on, I haven't seen a public web map that has that in a pop-up intentionally. Anyway, hope that helps!Remove last edited user summary from AGOL or Portal Map Viewer Pop-UpRemove last edited user summary from AGOL or Portal Map Viewer Pop-Up

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SusanW
by
New Contributor

Hi KimC221! Within Portal, select the feature layer and view in Map Viewer. Select the feature in the layers pane and then along the right side of the screen you can open/configure pop-ups. The symbol is a screen with a gear in the middle. From there you can delete fields you don't want to show, add fields that are currently "hidden" or reorder the fields. It's important to note, you have to do this in the published feature layer, not the webmap.

Configure Popups.png

0 Kudos
KimC221
New Contributor II

Hello, thank you for the response, but this does not work.  And I apologize, we are using ArcGIS Enterprise but not full stack, currently we have a server where we then are uploading items to AGOL, so they are not hosted feature layers, but we also are not using Portal.  Simply hiding the last_edited_user does not make it go away - as shown in this post: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online-ideas/turn-off-quot-edited-by-quot-line-in-the-pop-ups/i...

0 Kudos
MeganMerkley
New Contributor II

Hi all, 

At the bottom of the pop-up pane in Map Viewer (either portal or AGOL), there is now an "x" to remove that from the pop-ups. The picture attached shows it underlined in yellow. It does seem weird to have that be an automatic setting instead of an option to toggle on, I haven't seen a public web map that has that in a pop-up intentionally. Anyway, hope that helps!Remove last edited user summary from AGOL or Portal Map Viewer Pop-UpRemove last edited user summary from AGOL or Portal Map Viewer Pop-Up

KimC221
New Contributor II

THANK YOU!  This little thing has been bugging me for years!  My org is stubbornly hanging on to classic map viewer until its last dying breath, so I missed this was now possible in the new map viewer.  I do not understand why Esri made that the default, but better late than never on giving us the option to turn it off!  

You made my Friday!

0 Kudos