How to have a layer turned off on load

07-14-2021 02:23 PM
TimothySchwartz
New Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if there is a way to have a layer and/or a set of layers turned off on load. 

The idea is to have the users turn on the layers as they are pleased and not have a cluttered map on loading.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Not exactly sure what you mean.  You would set this at either the service publishing level (if from arcmap/pro) or the web map.

0 Kudos
TimothySchwartz
New Contributor

Hi David,

Here is the link to the map I am working on.

What i mean is say for example, I would like the layer cooperatives and agricultural production to be turned off when the map is loaded. At the moment I have set the layer visibility to a different zoom level but that solution does not suit me. 

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Only members of your organisation seem to have access to that resource.  It looks like an experience builder link (I've never used it) but I would guess the experience is powered by a Web Map? If this is the case, simply turn the visibility of in the source Web Map and save.

0 Kudos
TimothySchwartz
New Contributor

Thank you David. That was rather simple. Seems like the easiest solutions are always the ones you do not see. Yes the map is an experience builder link. 

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Did it work ok?  If so can you accept it as the solution please so as to signpost others.

0 Kudos