How to: edit attribute table headings while pop-ups are disabled

Jump to solution
09-11-2017 09:22 AM
KirstenMathison
New Contributor II

I am making a web map application.  I have a layer that shares a relationship class with multiple other layers so you can view its information through "Show Related Records", in the attribute table, and in a number of widgets in my application. Currently, when I upload the data the column headings have underscores and the second half of the longer headings is cut off.  I want to format the headings so that they look nice and complete in the table, widgets, and related records.  Configuring the pop-up changes the headings, but I do not want to have a pop-up enabled for this layer and when I disable the pop-up all of the formatting is deleted and the titles revert back to their messy form.

Edit: If anyone else has a similar problem, I figured out that if you edit the "Field Alias" for the attributes in the file geodatabase in ArcCatalog then they will save and transfer into the AGOL map/application.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KirstenMathison
New Contributor II

If anyone else has a similar problem, I figured out that if you edit the "Field Alias" for the layers in the file geodatabase in ArcCatalog then they will save and transfer into the AGOL map/application.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hey Kirsten,

This sounds like a bug. Can you report the issue to technical support? Let us know if you need help getting in touch.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
KirstenMathison
New Contributor II

Thanks for your response! I actually could use some help getting in touch. I've been trying to report the issue through this website: http://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support but it says I do not have access to start a chat or request a case.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hey Kirsten,

Give Tech Support a call at the number provided at the link above and have your customer number or ArcGIS Online Subscription ID ready for reception.

https://community.esri.com/groups/technical-support?sr=search&searchId=4d16f349-99dc-4928-8aca-90936...

KCullen-esristaff

-Kelly

0 Kudos
KirstenMathison
New Contributor II

If anyone else has a similar problem, I figured out that if you edit the "Field Alias" for the layers in the file geodatabase in ArcCatalog then they will save and transfer into the AGOL map/application.