Select to view content in your preferred language

How to create a WFS service with multiple CRS

11-19-2022 08:10 AM
geovision
New Contributor

Hi,

Im trying to create WFS that has a CRS of EPSG4326. Using FME with the CoordinateSystemSetter I changed the CRS of a shapefile to EPSG4326. After that I uploaded it to Arcgis online but when I go to the GetCapabilities page it says the CRS is EPSG28992. What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TomGeo
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hard to say what you are doing wrong. Since you are doing it in FME, this also might be the wrong community for the question. However, off the top of my head there would be three things.

1. I would use the transformer to reproject the data. Setting the coordinate system does not change the features projection. 
  2. When creating the writer, I would set the schema to ‘Automatic’. Default is to inherit from the reader
  3. In the Navigator sidebar you can set the reference system of the writer to EPSG:4326. The writer should reject thereafter features projected in other coordinate systems

- We are living in the 21st century.
GIS moved on and nobody needs a format consisting out of at least three files! No, nobody needs shapefiles, not even for the sake of an exchange format. Folks, use GeoPackage to exchange data with other GIS!
0 Kudos
geovision
New Contributor

Hi, thank you for taking the time to respond. I need to publish a feature layer as WFS using the EPSG:4326 format. Using geoserver I can do that but that server is not connected to the internet. Using the GetCapabilities function I can see the following: SRS>EPSG:4326</SRS>, so far so good. 

I created a zipfile from the shapefile and other files and uploaded it to ArcGIS Online. Then I created a feature layer and published a WFS. But when I go to the GetCapabilities page of the WFS I published using ArcGIS Online it says the following: <wfs:DefaultCRS>urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::3857</wfs:DefaultCRS>

Anyone knows how this is possible?

0 Kudos