How to access a Webmap which is not shared by everyone, how to configure the map so that user with correct credentials or who are within the same network use it?

Jump to solution
07-17-2017 11:31 AM
DeepakBegrajka1
New Contributor III

How to access a map by webmap ID which is not shared by everyone and is an In-House map for a company I am working for them, I have created a different map and shared it with everyone and I can use it to edit using Arcgis java script app using its webmap ID, I want to edit a map which is not shared by everyone, but user with correct credentials or on in the same network can use it. 

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks,

Deepak.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Deepak,

Is your Feature Service published to ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise?

Here is a method to ensure that your Feature Service is only accessed through your app: Limit access to public layers - Crowdsource Reporter | ArcGIS for State Government 

If they are ArcGIS Online users, I suggest sharing the map and app with a group of users to provide visibility:

Share items—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

-Kelly

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KellyGerrow

Hi Deepak,

Is your Feature Service published to ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise?

Here is a method to ensure that your Feature Service is only accessed through your app: Limit access to public layers - Crowdsource Reporter | ArcGIS for State Government 

If they are ArcGIS Online users, I suggest sharing the map and app with a group of users to provide visibility:

Share items—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

-Kelly

DeepakBegrajka1
New Contributor III

Hey Kelly,

Our Feature Service are published to ArcGIS Enterprise.

So is there any other way to access them using Javascript App which we make using Webmap ID, to provide them like some kind of Authentication so that authorized user which are within the local server can access it.

Thanks,

Deepak.

KellyGerrow

Hi Deepak,

If you are using ArcGIS Enterprise(Portal for ArcGIS‌ ), you can set up your security to use your local Security. Thomas Edghill‌, can you help with more details?

-Kelly

DeepakBegrajka1
New Contributor III

Thanks Kelly, I will look into it how to do that, meanwhile if you and Thomas can provide me more Insight, in it, it would be awesome.

Thanks.

0 Kudos